Runescape Jobs Available! Browse Listings.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Limiting Trading Partners

Having started up a new character of my own lately, I've noticed some things that I haven't seen for quite a while. My primary character, Valdesta, is the only "members" account I have, and I rarely venture her onto the free servers since it's not something I have to do. Now that I'm playing on the free server (aka F2P server, free to players), I'm remembering things...

Like, how every time I venture into a populated area, at least one person follows me and attempts to initiate a trade with me - usually rather insistently - in an attempt to sell me some of what they've got to offer. But, since I'm a lvl 3 character with no outside help, I have nothing but raw beef to share with them as payment... which always annoys them.

Personally, I find it annoying the some of the chaps then have the audacity to put ME down because I don't have cash to pay for what they're offering. They are the ones who initiated the trade with ME, not the other way around, after all.

So, the solution for me, and the one I'm offering to you new players out there in order to reduce the inherent "annoyingness factor" of online games with this many players:

Switch your Trade/compete setting (below the chat window on the bottom left side of the screen) to "Friends". This way anyone on your friends list can trade with you and you'll see the request, but anyone else who attempts to trade will not be seen by you.

I hope this helps. If there are other frustrations you're facing that you'd like to deal with, leave me a note and I'll think about it and get back to you!

Valdesta

2 Comments:

At 10/05/2005 08:50:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Instead of limiting trade to your friends, you could just add the "stalker" to your ignore list.

 
At 10/26/2005 11:11:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

he all of u guy that play runescape change your passwords 1 a mouth be cuz guys will get on your guy so chang it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home