Runescape Jobs Available! Browse Listings.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Finding a Job in Runescape

One of the main things people leave notes about in my blog is about "getting a job" on Runescape to allow them to earn some cash for their decently-leveled players so that cash can be turned around and turned into the expensive, cool, unique equipments that float around from all the various sources.

How I Found Workers


When I was playing regularly, I started out as a "solo" player who would collect all of my own materials and process them all and then use them up. I became a Member partially because I wanted to make my own arrows instead of buying them, and for the first while, I was happy with this. Cash was accumulating because I mined my own ore, blacksmithed the results, and took pains to sell them in small doses to shops on different worlds to get as much cash as I could.

At some point, however, I ran across someone who offered to do some mining for me, or some wood chopping, to speed up my creation and levelling processes. Ken was 11 years old and AMAZING at making deals with others - he became my middle-man. I'd tell Ken what I wanted and how much I'd pay for it (note, I always pay well compared to the market, it's part of why Ken would work so eagerly for me), and he'd go out and buy materials for cheaper than that, and resell it to me.

Then, Ken stopped playing for a while, but I had become addicted to having someone else do a lot of collection work FOR me so I could just produce product, sell it, and get bigger, stronger and better, faster.

So, I had to find other workers.

Truthfully, I find going to a busy bank and calling out that I'm looking for a worker to gather wood in lots of 100 will get me a LOT of responses. From the "employer" end, there's no shortage of workers.

From the worker end? I could only choose one. So, how did I go about choosing?

Traits I'd Look For In Workers

Generally I am not going to have a forever-ongoing need for any one commodity on the game (logs, ore, fish), so the first thing I'd look for in an ongoing "job" situation would be for the person to have high skills in the following:

  • Mining
  • Woodcutting
  • Fishing


At the very least, be able to mine coal and fish lobsters. Most of the logs I'd be buying off of you would be regular low-level logs for fletching into arrows, but many players would buy up every bit of Yew you have if you can advance that far and get into Members areas.

The second big thing I'd look for in a worker is the ability to sell product in lots of at least 500 at a time. Some things I'll buy in lots of 100 at a time if I absolutely must, but if I have 5 people providing 100 at a time and find one new guy who's willing to provide 500 at a time, those other 5 people are out of a "job" with me. Thus, before you offer to sell anything, gather up at least 500 of that product if at all possible, with 100 being a bare minimum.

Finding Buyers On The Web


Forums are another place you could turn to in order to sell your wares or buy wares from others - here are a few sites I found when I searched on Google this morning:



Note, I haven't used any of these boards myself, just did a search on 'runescape market' and keywords like that in Google to provide links here.

What's Your Favorite Runescape Market Site?

If you know of better sites to list here, be sure to let me know!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home