Runescape Jobs Available! Browse Listings.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Catching up on 1000+ blog comments

Blog comments are fun to go through.

Some are great! I've approved a great number of comments today and they now appear in the comments section of the various posts they were posted to. I especially like the friendly comments from other blog owners - when I update this site, I'll be setting up cross-linkings with some of the ones with quality content.

Some are spam - runescape gold, runescape scams disguised as helpful sites, etc. I'm sure the spammers don't really care that they get comments rejected on some sites, as their modus operandi is "spam lots, all over the place" and even a %.01 return rate on their spamming is enough of a reward for them.

Some comments, however, are well-meaning people who are probably a little frustrated, and their frustration is coming across in their attempted communications with me.

Like the guy who hadn't looked at the most recent postings on the blog to realize it hadn't been updated in over 8 months when he said, exasperated:

dude wtf top blocking all my comments and stop trying to make people thing thoughs are yur runescape stats


All ridiculousness and jest aside, I'd like to let and commenters know that I don't ignore them, exactly - but I've left this blog unattended for a while and have a lot of work to do to clear out the backlog of comments. So, if I haven't answered your question, it is likely that I haven't gotten to it in the comments yet.

And of course, because of all the spammers that abound, all of the comments in this blog need to be approved by me before they show up on the site. If the world were full of people who don't try to clog the system up for the rest of us, I wouldn't have to do this.

But it has to be said - why do my character stats threaten you so? Certainly there are many players much higher level in everything than me now? And what "accomplishment" exactly is it for me to have wasted so much time to level all those silly skills? :) :)

Silly noters. Thank you for your entertainment - good and bad.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home