Runescape Jobs Available! Browse Listings.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Exploring and finding goodies in the Runescape Wilderness

Back here I wrote an entry about the Wilderness as well, and talked about some of the things I like to get from there with my Primary character.

My secondary character is a different story, however, since she's a lot smaller than my primary, and doesn't have access to the same skills or equipment Valdesta uses when she comes out here.

After re-stocking my healing and making sure I was entering the Wilderness at a 1-on-1 combat area, I headed north. I ran across a few people along the way but again, I'm such a low level right now that nobody could attack me.

I keep a good eye on my long distance viewer, and am attracted to areas where there are things laying on the ground. It could be things that respawn on that spot or it could be a player is killing the monsters in that area and leaving the bones on the ground - either way, it's something worth checking out.

I found the brown bears at around lvl 12 wildy, because they have 10-15 bronze arrow spots that respawn around them. Range is an expensive thing to advance so I figured I'd hang around there for a while and collect bronze arrows, and see if any other players wandered by in the mean time.

Most who wandered by were too high level to engage in battle with me, and most didn't even say a word as they wandered off. Right before I decided to take off, a player some 15 lvls above me who was skulled and wearing worse armor than I was first tried to attack me, then seeing that wasn't possible, he asked me to "team", and wanted to take me to fight the Hill Giants together.

Hah, um, no thanks. I know that the Hill Giants area is multi-combat and likely deep enough in the Wilderness that my new "friend" would turn on me and walk away with some of my nice shiny mithril armor. I said "no thanks, just collecting arrows" and then logged out when they kept hasselling me about it.

Now, I'll switch worlds and go back to collecting arrows so I can get some more range experience for free. I find it's a good exercise in becoming comfortable with fighting in the Wild, although some of the comfort is that I'm low enough level to be protected from most attackers. But whatever - for us PK newbies, comfort in the Wilderness, however it's attained, is important to work on. You'll do no good in PK if you freak out because you're wound too tight ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home