Runescape Jobs Available! Browse Listings.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Gyro's Runescape tips, Mining/Crafting/Smithing

Gyro left a great comment with some useful information on my entry with non-member strategies for building mining and smithing skills. Part One of Gyro's suggestions can be found here, and Part Two follows below! Thanks Gyro!




Gyro writes:

"Strategy Two (Crafting/Gold/Silver Mining)

Another great way to level your mining, is to get your crafting up to level 40. I suggest mining clay and making bowls to level up the fastest, and always bank and cut any found gems. (mine clay in sw Varrock mine and bank in west bank) then add h2o, then run to barb village to edgeville repeat) Always mine 10 to 20 full back pack loads at a time for each step.

Anyway, once you reach level 40, you can enter the Crafting guild south of Falador. When you first get in, ignore the gold ore, even if you can mine it. There is more competition for this ore, rather focus on the silver. it is faster and when turned into a tiara, provides much greater craft experience than just a simple gold amulet. This way you can level so you can craft diamond and ruby amulets.

The residual benefit is that while you are raising your craft, you get good mining experience and a small amount of smelting for the silver bars.

Once you are a high enough level, mine a bunch of gold. I find that in the right world you can hit the 6 silver, then 7 gold and back to 6 silver until you are full. Fill the bank with several hundred then smelt them.

Good luck"





Great advice from Gyro :)

If you have advice you'd like to add to my posts, feel free to leave a comment at any time!

6 Comments:

At 11/28/2005 08:44:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tthe advise is god but noobs cannot be botherd with such methords you need a faster

 
At 12/06/2005 12:02:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since my mining and crafting are both miserably low, I thought I'd give your strategy a try. Mining clay near Varrock is going just fine, but mixing the clay with water is obnoxiously tedious! The way I've been doing it is : I carry a buck with me. When I have a backpack full of all clay and the bucket, I go to the water east of the main fountain in Varrock and fill bucket, use clay on bucket, fill bucket, use clay, etc. I then bank all of my wet clay. Is there any easier way of doing this or is this just part of the price I have to pay? :)

 
At 1/15/2006 12:05:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey if i recall u need 41 craftin now to get into the craftin guild...

 
At 4/27/2006 05:28:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No you only need 40 crafting to get in. You also need a brown apron.

 
At 4/25/2007 02:39:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok my crafting is 50 and mining is 50 now the way i do it is mine coal by the garden by camelot (members. I craft my going to the flax fields south of camelot ( members. and pick put in bank till 1k of it then i go to lumbridge and spin it to bs it is also a great way to make 200-250k!!! i get 10-15 lvs per 1k!!!wen it was nooby though!!

 
At 6/19/2007 06:33:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well what I do is get cow hides and tan them to make leather armour. Is this a good way to get your crafting up???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home