Runescape Jobs Available! Browse Listings.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Becoming a Member: Valdesta's Reasons, Part 1

I started playing Runescape in July 2004 after my pre-teen neice and nephew showed it to me when I was visiting. I was immediately hooked, and even though I spent the next month or so trying out a whole bunch of Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games, Runescape was the only one that really held my attention for any length of time.

So, after 30 days of playing on the free servers and advancing my player up so my main skills were in the mid-thirties, I registered and become a member.

The very first thing I'd like to say ROCKS about being a member is the sheer size of the world. Having 1200 members on a members server is so incredibly less crowded than having 800 people on a free world, because there are so many cities for players to spread out to on the members servers.

Immediately, competition for ore and monsters close to town is reduced, even in the same cities the free players overwhelm on free servers.

Immediately, there are a whole LOT more places that offer what you're looking for - ores, stores, specialty shops... nevermind quests and the equipment/rewards they offer!

I'll write more about this topic in future posts.

2 Comments:

At 12/02/2005 05:30:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omfg I am a member too. I love it because I can do so many more things like clothing, quests and much more. I know that I may sound like a freak and everything but I know what you mean. Aim me by XxBiTtASweEt

 
At 9/05/2006 11:59:00 AM , Blogger blank said...

I started cut my MMORPG teeth on the Matrix online. I wasn't that interested in it. Then I moved on to AdventureQuest which BLEW! Then my wife's 16 year old brother plays it and constantly gets teased over it. I decided to see what was up and now I've been playing for 3 days and am SERIOUSLY considering becoming a member. If I still like it this much after a month or two, then DEFINATELY.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home