Runescape Jobs Available! Browse Listings.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Bought Mith eq, Taking on bigger stuff in Runescape Edgeville Dungeon

(battle adventures continued from previous battle entry)

As I approached defense of 20 and the ability to wear mithril equipment, I hung around Varrock west bank, directly north of a smithing anvil, and advertised what I was looking for. Of course, I went onto the Miniclip forum to figure out what a reasonable price was to buy these items, and went from there. Since I wasn't able to get "full mith with kite", but rather half of the items from one person and the rest from another, I ended up paying about 20k in total instead of 15k.

But that's okay, because now I'm completely decked out in mithril, and I have a mith scimitar waiting for me when my attack gets to lvl 20 as well, which isn't far off.

I then ventured back to the Edgeville dungeon, and went back to the Zombies I was killing earlier. On my way through, a nearby lvl 22 skeleton attacked and followed me right to the Zombies area, so I had to kill him after killing my first zombie.

He dropped bones AND 15 air runes! Wow, hey, (I figured) I'm skipping these zombies and taking on the Skeletons! Even if they require me to eat a little bit more often and therefore my healing won't last as long. After 10 more skeletons and 39 coins and 10 bones later... I decided to try my luck on the lvl 28 Hobgoblins.

Halfway through the only hobgoblin I managed to kill, my attack advanced to lvl 20 and I was able to wield my mithril scimitar and replace the steel one. The fight went much faster from there, but it still took 6 herring to finish him off completely, over the whole fight.

The hobgoblin dropped bones and a limpwurt root. I know limps have value on members servers as part of herblore, but I'm not sure what their purpose is to free members. Let me know on the game if you know :)

I was pleased to have killed a lvl 28 Hobgoblin, because even though it took a bunch of healing I knew I could take on a Hill Giant and not get flattened. Always good to know!


Hill Giants area is somewhere my character could live for a very long time (if it weren't for the immense competition!), and could profit quite tidily from as she advances attack, strength, defense, range and magic skills. For example, there was someone buying big bones in the area who was offering 200 coins per big bone, and with the drops that Hill Giants offer, there were a lot of new things to be bringing back to the bank for storage and usage later - iron and steel arrows, fire and mind runes, uncut sapphires, and limpwurt roots.

I'm pretty sure it was Big Bones where I first started to make some serious money in Runescape with my primary character. I neglected my prayer skill for a long time, instead choosing to sell the big bones for 20-25k per 100 in the Varrock shop. I rarely had to advertise more than a couple minutes to sell 'em, at least on Members worlds.

2 Comments:

At 10/22/2005 03:27:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Limpwurt Roots can be used on non-members servers, if you go to the apocathery in Varrock, give him a Limpwurt Root, Deadly Red Spider Eggs (Found in volcanco on Karamja), and 5 coins, he will give you a 4 charge strength potion...

 
At 2/22/2006 02:23:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah and they're really helpful, strength potions can boost your strength 6 lvls or so....now i can hit 15 with my rune scimitar at lvl 50 strength! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home