Runescape Jobs Available! Browse Listings.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Welcome to Runescape's Edgeville Dungeon

So, my secondary character is combat 20 now (my primary is combat 80) and I'm continuing my quest to find good places to raise my combat level on the free servers.

My defense, strength and attack levels are all around 16-18. I'm wearing full steel and wielding a steel scimitar. I've done enough mining and smithing and selling to have 25k in the bank, for when I want to buy full mith at def 20. I've advanced my fishing and cooking to 40 and have a bunch of healing in my bank as a result. You can read previous entries in this blog to find out more details about my preparation for going out for extended periods of battle.

Edgeville and its Dungeon

Edgeville itself is directly north of Barbarian Village, which is along the road west from Varrock. When you're going to Edgeville, you can actually see the Edgeville Dungeon entrance before you can see the bank itself, but you have to go almost to the bank entrance to get into the building that holds the Dungeon's entrance.

[insert edgevillezombies.jpg here]

This dungeon is one that can provide battle sites for many many levels. I wandered past some lvl 3 giant rats, lvl 2 giant spiders and lvl 1 mice before finding lvl 21 and 25 skeletons (which weren't aggressive). Further in, there are lvl 18 and lvl 24 zombies, lvl 28 hobgoblins, and lvl 28 Hill Giants, which not only drop big bones, but herbs, runes, and other goodies.

And as a bonus, if you can get all the way through to the Hill Giants, there's a room just before the Giants that has lvl 24 zombies in it - and a key laying on the floor in the back of the room. The key opens the door at the top of the stairs in the Giant area, and provides you with a short route to the Giants from Varrock (head southeast from the exit to get to the road to Varrock).

Giants is a great place to train range and magic, because it's a high-competition area and you can attack from quite far off, sometimes so far off that the giant doesn't know who is hitting him, and he doesn't come to attack you!!

Good adventuring all!

1 Comments:

At 10/21/2005 07:29:00 PM , Blogger D L said...

Hi - Linkbuilder here.

Im 89 combat, 87 mining, 89 smithing - and some others....

My second character is a pure range pker. 77 range, 59 combat.

I have several noob accounts, lvl 7's with 10 defence so they can wear full black (g).

Im saving to create my next pk player - saving runes... mind, chaos and death to train the magic up with strength only as the added training. Just got to find a great name for the new pker noob account...

;-)

Linkbuilder

http://www.rskillers.info

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home