Runescape Jobs Available! Browse Listings.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Runescape Beginner Fighting, Finders Keepers

While I was trying my skill against the Town Guards at the southern entrance to Varrock, some low-level character who had been mining tin and copper happened across the aggressive and mean lvl 20 Dark Wizards that hide amongst the more innocuous lvl 7 Dark Wizards south of Varrock in the Stone Henges area.

This low-level character wasn't lucky like me when he came across this Wizard with its strong ranged magical attack, he didn't have healing with him, and he died, right next to me.

Of course, I looted his corpse. I took his cape (and put it on) and his gloves, and as much of his copper ore as I could carry.

Then, instead of hanging around, I figured I'd go and do something else for 5-10 minutes. I mean, I still do kinda feel bad for taking the guy's stuff, but at the same time I know it would happen to me as well - others would loot my corpse - and the thought doesn't bother me. Instead, it motivates me to keep sharp in my adventuring, and play smart so I have 'outs' in case I start to get in over my head.

I hope the raw reality of the competitive environment inspires you that way as well, instead of inspiring you towards whining at other players who have looted your corpse, taking even the last few pieces of your belongings just as you run up to try to recover something from it.

If you feel like whining, take a break. Go get a drink, go wash your face, go brush your teeth. It's only a game, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't learn to play smart.

2 Comments:

At 10/20/2005 12:08:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity, what level are you? And are you a member?

 
At 10/20/2005 12:25:00 PM , Blogger Man said...

I don't think the guy would care that much about losing gloves and a cape... unless they were mime gloves but those are untradable.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home