Runescape Jobs Available! Browse Listings.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Fighting in the beginning levels

Specific for this blog, I've set up a secondary character which I play periodically to get ideas for what to write about here.

For today's topic, as a celebration of attaining fishing lvl 40 and cooking above lvl 40 (so I can both catch and cook lobster), I've decided to take my new character out for battle.

She bought full steel armor + kite shield for 5k (proceeds from the easy money mining excursion I wrote about a couple weeks ago) and filled her inventory with cooked pike from our fishing over the last while, and headed out, looking for a worthy foe, heading east from the Draynor Bank, and south along the shoreline.

At her current combat level of 14, there are not a lot of opponents she can take on and win. But she's tired of lvl 2 Goblins, and rats, and mice.

After a quick visit to the Wizards Tower along the southern shoreline between Lumbridge and Draynor (where the lvl 9 mages smoked my metal-clad self with fire strikes), I ventured further east, keeping south of the fence that separates the swamp from southern Lumbridge.

There, I found two lvl 5 Goblins wandering around who were more of a challenge than the lvl 2's to the north, but didn't smoke me like the Wizards had done. And of course, Goblins occasionally drop things like runes, bronze equipment (including arrows) and a few coins.

After a while of killing those goblins, I decided to go out to find a new opponent - one more worthy than the goblins, but less worthy than those Wizards with their flame strikes.

Lo and behold! What I found ended up being right back where I started, just south of the Draynor Bank! It turns out that those Dark Wizards that caused me anguish when I was brand new at lvl 3 and trying to fish along the ocean bank there, with the small net... are perfect opponents for me now.

And hey! They drop runes that I can sell at the shop for nice prices!! Nature runes which can be sold for 300gp each, and chaos runes which probably go for the same, but I think I'll keep them for future mage efforts, as I know chaos are good attack runes.

Speaking of the future mage efforts, the Dark Wizards also drop black hats and black robe parts, so I've got the start of my mage outfit, too!

Usually most people hanging out with the Dark Wizards are either fishing or woodcutting, but this time there were others fighting the Wizards as well, so with the increased competition I decided to move on and find another place.

But I'll save that for another entry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home