Runescape Jobs Available! Browse Listings.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Crafting and the Runescape Cowhide Collection Crew

After spending a while fighting Dwarf miners as a mage and expending the majority of the runes I had purchased for some 15k from the Port Sarim rune shop, I returned to the bank to re-assess what I should do next. What I can AFFORD to do next, after spending that bunch of money on runes.

My magic level is over 30 now which is cool, but now it's time to do something that'll earn me some cash to support further magic, ranging or fighter activities.

Since the overwhelming majority of voters in the recent poll have stated they want more non-members skill-building articles, I thought I'd take a stab at crafting.

My crafting level is at 1, so I figured I'd spend some time being a Cowhide Collector near Lumbridge, and then do some basic crafting to get myself going and into some kind of crafting that might earn me some cash if sold properly.

The first thing I learned was that while cowhides are great for getting your crafting skills advanced initially, they're certainly not good for making any kind of money on free worlds. So, unless you have a lot of cash or a lot of cowhides, this isn't the way to go. DO use up the cowhides you have, however - if you can collect 200 cowhides and process them, you will be well-set for handling gold, which is a great way to increase your cash levels.

Presuming, of course, that you can mine gold yet... have you been working on your mining levels? You'll need level 40 mining to do anything with gold.

I worked through the cowhides until I landed at crafting lvl 9, and it was at that point I checked the mining level for gold and realized I need to do some work there.

My secondary character itself is only at mining 26, so perhaps I'll end this entry here and give us all time to get our mining up to level 40, and the next entry will be about how to earn good money while also training your mining up to 40 for crafting purposes.

Stay tuned!

4 Comments:

At 11/10/2005 05:05:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Early Crafters should focus on Clay pots and bowls. It is much quicker than leather.

- mine 50 full load (28's) of clay.
- add water. Falador or Varrock is good for this.
- Run to Barb Village and craft
a.) 2 full loads of Clay Pots
b.) 1 full load of Pie Dishes
c.) 40 loads of Bowls.
d.) extra loads are for broken, but you still get the experience for forming the bowl.

its tedious, boring but you will be shocked at how quickly you will raise your crafting level.

Once you get to 40 then you should enter the Crafting quild and mine the silver until your hands bleed. (Crafting tiaras at 52.5 exp best way to raise, unless you find a gem then make the appropriate amulet)

The best leather experience is gained in Hard leather body which is can be crafted at level 28 and gives 35 experience. As for Bowls, you get 33 experience for forming and firing a bowl. At first you will be fustrated will several of the bowl cracking, but after about the 15th level you will never break one.

Depending on how high your mining level is. 50 loads of clay really does not take that long. Break it up, into part. ie do 10 loads at a time. It only took me a few days to get into the guild once I figured out this strategy.

 
At 12/30/2005 05:54:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you get different pickaxes instead of bronze

 
At 4/20/2006 11:23:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Farly good guide... Thanks for taking the effort on making it!!!

 
At 7/08/2007 07:25:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can buy pickaxes in the dwarven mine.rune is a whoppin 32K, so have some cash, but the others arewnt to expensive

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home