Runescape Jobs Available! Browse Listings.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Anonymous Feedback about Runescape PK at newbie levels

Excellent, I got a few responses from folks who seem to be more experienced in PK than I am. One comment about how Range can own Melee at the Range 70+ w/ Rune Arrows level but since this blog is aimed towards newbie non-members, I'll just leave that comment alone for now, for the advance readers to ponder on.

An anonymous player left this message, which I've cleaned up a bit for grammar and punctuation:

"Rangers and Mages are the best PKers. IF YOU ARE GONNA PK DONT DO MELEE. YOU WILL GET OWNED. Once you get to high lvls melee is ok but from 3-50 rangers and mages own the wild.

And your advice about advancing prayer I think is wrong if you want to be a succesful pker. Prayer raises your combat lvl and if you are fighting mages and rangers who hit a lot on you, you dont have the time to turn on prayer. By the time you do that you're dead because you couldnt eat. Take my word for it PRAYER IS HORRIBLE FOR PKERS.

Also if you get to wild and someone is higher lvl that could attack you ask "team?" if they say yes dont let them take you farther in wild cause they just wanna kill you, and if they say "No" run for your life."


Personally, I don't completely agree that melee is bad in PK at low levels - there are still weak Rangers coming back from deeper in the wilderness that you can catch unawares - I almost killed one myself, he was a lvl 30 ranger hanging out with a lvl 52, and the higher player couldn't attack me and all the ranger could do was run from lvl 11 wilderness to lvl 1 wilderness where I could no longer attack him due to level differential. If he didn't have enough run to have run all the way I would have killed him.

I do agree that prayer at low levels is useless because you have to get to high prayer levels to be able to use good prayer spells in combat that block things like range or mage or melee attacks, and raising your prayer DOES raise your combat level, which doesn't help at low levels either.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend teaming with complete strangers if you're a newbie PKer, because it's just another thing to have to worry about. Find some players you chat with for a couple of weeks first and get to know a little, and put your trust in them. It's not a guarantee but you'll end up dead at the hand of your "teammate" much less often.

Of course, if you can get into a CLAN, that would be the ultimate because then you have clanmates you can trust even more fully not to turn on you in combat, because they don't want to be tossed from the clan either.

Check out this one, it only requires 40 fishing and 40 cooking to qualify:

http://www.rskillers.info

5 Comments:

At 12/27/2005 12:03:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im an 88 combat level, Jack of all trades, (71 att, 71, str, 68 Def, 71 HP, 66 Mag, 50 Rag, 51, Pray)and I am terrified of the wildy.

It all reverts back to following a level 3 treasure clue to level 45 wildy and finally finding my casket only to see it fall from my clasp as arrows tore through my armor and into my body. Oddly, my fool proof escape plan of teleporting to Varrock didn't seem to work at level 45 wildy.

However, yesterday I braved the threats and made it up to the Rogue fortress to pickpocket myself a lockpick. I was running scared from any white dots and was nearly killed by a green dragon since I was naked. But I lived to see the day.

I think I will have to make a few more sorties to seek some vengence on those green dragons. So I will wield the following only.

- Dragon Battle Axe
- Rune Plate
- Rune Legs
- Anti-Dragon Breath Shield

I will carry in my Backpack the following:

- 2 X Stat Restore Potions (4)
- 1 law rune
- 5 air runes
- 24 X lobster or better food

I risk losing some food but since the green dragons are near the level 20, I should have a good chance of making the tele line if I'm at risk of being killed.

I will try this and afterwards I will attempt it dressed as a mage to kill.

Drawrof1

 
At 1/03/2006 03:06:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I had three successfull sorties into seek vengence against the Green Dragons. I found that food of tuna was only required and I saw level 58 mage (82 magic) slaughter my hunting buddy in front of my eyes. I was save for the greens were level 23 and he could not attack me. His ranger partner ran up to level 30 trying to draw me in to my demise. I choose the cowardly route, for I had just got a rune dagger drop and a level 3 clue.

After a near death experience with a Saromin Wizard in the Khazari Jungle, I eventually claimed my level 3 treasure scroll reward.

Recap: Three sorties.

Costs: 20 swordies, 40 tuna, 3 Restore Stat Pots

Benefits:
- 55 green dragon hides and dragon bones buried
- 20K in cash
- Rune Dagger
- whole bunch of runes
Treasure Clue Prize
- Magic Longbow (3.5K)
- Dragonhide Black chaps (25K)
- Rune Battle Axe (55K)
- Zamorak Platebody Armor (1.2Mil)

So I have over come my fear of the wildy, base purely on greed. I have spent months slaving away at raising my herblore, mining, crafting and magic to generate a bank roll of some 550K. Several quick trips to the wildy and I bag over 1.3 million gp in assets.

I think I will find my way north a little more often than not in the near future.

 
At 1/06/2006 05:18:00 PM , Blogger SingleGrrl said...

Wow, nice Zammy plate!!

Valdesta

 
At 1/09/2006 01:40:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Valdesta.

I just wanted to say that I finally got ripped off. Sadly, it was by a 98 level player for only a 31K broad-leaf spear. We were in the Slayer Dungeon, east of the golden tree and we were fighting Taroths, I had an 155 kill assignement. While I had about 15 kills to go, this 98 level player asked me if he could borrow my spear since he ran out of arrows with only one kill. Being in such a remote location and the level of the player, I thought that I would hope that another would do the same for me. I watched him kill a turoth and proceeded to log off.

Now, the inconvience of going to my slayer master and purchasing another 31K spear was annoying it was not a bad as the loss of my trust towards others. Where is honour these days? Where is goodness and common decency? If you were to start a wall of shame I will provide this cad's rs id.

I will always play this game with a good heart and hope that others will do the same. I promise to help as best I can, save for pure begging. I got my character to from effort and hard work. I developed my skills and abilities and learned how to become a strong and powerful player. But it should also be fun. Please find ways to make friends and help others rather then finding ways to steal stuff.

 
At 2/08/2006 06:29:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im a level 102 caleld narita 80 attack 89 strength 79 de3ffenseand i agree that pures do own the wildy execpt whe they get to level 60-70 at this time people take rune scims and own mages badly. the best way for melee pure is 10 def and 50-6 atk and stren when thye have this and pk in 2 or 3s they are un beatable espically when backed up by a mage or ranger

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home