Runescape Jobs Available! Browse Listings.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Runescape 2 combat calculator and more

I just wanted to post that I use SwiftSwitch to access Runescape. I've been using it for over 6 months now.

I haven't had any problems with the software, haven't had any whiff of my Runescape acccount being "hacked" (although I still take precautions with my machine).

I really like SwiftSwitch because it's got a bunch of things wrapped around the Runescape window itself - like, the complete list of all the worlds and easy access to whatever world I want to log into next (useful for trading)... and of course, as with the title of this entry, a link to a Runescape 2 combat calculator that accesses the Runescape top player list (no password required - scammers/hackers make programs that need your password) to get your experience as of your last logout, and tell you all sorts of things you'd find useful:
  • How much exp required to get to the next level
  • How many of specific types of monsters would it take to get to that level (not all monsters are listed)
  • Your combat level, to a decimal place so you know how close to 86 you are when Runescape is showing 85.
Things like that.

I also like the software because I can quickly look someone up on the top scores list and see whether they're competition for rocks when I'm mining mith and addy.

It's also good for when folks are blathering on about their superior levels in something. A quick lookup without having to leave the Runescape window is great.

There's also a chat client tied into the software but that pops up in a different window. At any rate, it's still decent, I would imagine it's a great way for clans to keep in touch through the day - open a channel and have everyone come and go as they please.

So, if you're looking for a slightly better Runescape client than what is on the Runescape.com website itself, I recommend SwiftSwitch.

You can find their site here: http://www.swiftswitch.net/

1 Comments:

At 6/27/2007 08:14:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As with all third party software programs, this one is apparently not allowed by Jagex (despite the claims of SwiftSwitch's Jason Fah to the contrary), so you can be banned if they find out you are using it. You cannot even mention the name of this program in the Jagex Runescape forums without your post being hidden by a moderator. Try it and you'll see for yourself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home