Runescape Jobs Available! Browse Listings.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Answering Comments Left - maybe poking fun.

Note, I really do enjoy some of the feedback I get in this blog. I've heard some great stories and received some great tips and tricks that have helped my own playing and enjoyment of the game.

But, unfortunately, my blog also attracts folks of all ages who see me as competition to be battered down into the ground ("I'm better than you, see?" comments), or some kind of financial supplier with a never-ending source of free stuff.

On the one hand, the relentless begging and bashing are strange concepts to me, considering I'm a complete and utter stranger, but on the other hand they're not strange concepts to me because I notice clearly in life how many humans mistakenly think the world revolves around them and that everyone around them is ultimately present to either serve them or stand in their way.

I used to just delete the comments, but I think I'll start to post about them instead, because it sounds more fun, and lets me link to other articles in my blog that new readers might not have otherwise come across.

I'll be nice, because that's what I am - but I also need practice being blunt, so I will likely do that too.

So, we'll start with the first one I looked at out of the 909 comments I need to sift through since I haven't been moderating comments for the past 9 months or so:


QUESTION/COMMENT
Date: November 18, 2006

dude how did u get ur stats so high?! I wuz wonderin if u could give me some money like 500k or sometin.

my user is [no longer included here]

add me and try and give memoney!!!!

ANSWER:

I got my stats high by playing hour upon hour upon hour, wasting time I could have spent socializing with humans face-to-face, working out, cooking healthy meals, or even learning new things and expanding my various Real Life potentials. I also got my stats high by sticking with the same character and rarely playing alternate ones. For example, I have no "pure" PK-based characters at this time.

To optimize my advancement, I tended to log in early in the morning when the population counts were the lowest and work on my high-competition skills like mining during those times.

Becoming a member was a key in my advancement. The world is much much bigger and therefore things you're trying to gather in any one spot tend to have less competition than in non-member worlds.

As for cash - no, I won't give you any. You're a complete stranger, take responsibility, learn how to earn it on your own and stop relying on the world to support you.

There's lots of great tips in this blog in general, but check out the specific entries about earning money by selling logs, running runes, mining ores, and if you're a member, running flax.

[sarcasm]
Besides, you'll get more online girlfriends if you have the bling to support their needs.
[/sarcasm]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home